NIE 80-10m Add-on Kit for S/Rod 5/8 wave
This simple modification will allow you to use your old CB antenna (silver-rod) 5/8 wave as an HF multiband antenna. You will be required to remove the small coil from inside the bottom black plastic base insulator held in place with three screws.
1) Remove base securing screws from the vertical section of the antenna.
2) Slide antenna up out of the way and clip all wiring and remove coil inside black base insulator.
3) Remove SO-239 connector from base.
4) Replace black base insulator with the x 3 fixing screws.
5) Slide the antenna back onto bottom insulator aligning screw hole .
6) On the box supplied please attach single black wire to base fixing screw and fully tighten.
7) Secure supplied box with cable ties connect coax to so-239 connector on box.
The internal tuner of most sets should cope with tuning 80mtr-10mtr
Performance will be slightly down due to size and loading, but please remember for the cost of the antenna and simple mathching unit to allow you to work multi-band from a small plot for a fraction of the big guns antennas can't be bad. You may not come first in the World Dx contest but will have fun and make lots of contacts.
If you decide to buy a 5/8 wave silver rod and give the antenna to myself I will fit this for you .
This will be available shortly complete or add-on.
If you need one give me a shout.
At this time limited to 100 watts max pwr output.
TAKING ORDERS NOW 01/09/12 (PIA)